MFA or Multi Factor Authentication is an additional layer of security that you can configure in your cidaas system. This allows you to challenge the end user when you suspect the identity of the user who has logged in, or when you feel the login is compromised. Once configured during login, an end user can choose to provide an additional way to prove their identity (An OTP, finger print or a touch ID, face recognition etc).
Cidaas offers numerous methods to configure MFAs. You can view our all encompassing list of MFAs here: MFA list
What do you need to do in order to have MFA for your website/company's services?
- Firstly, the respective authentication method of your choice must be enabled by the administrator on the cidaas dashboard.
- Secondly, go to your business portal, login and you will be able to see these options on the profile settings UI. It will be available under "Physical Verification Setup". Now you can configure these on your dashboard and through the cidaas authenticator app.
- Now that the respective MFAs are enabled and the configurations are done the administrator can also enable the setting "Always ask for 2FA"on the cidaas dashboard. When this setting is enabled at the app level the end-users are required to verify their identity using the 2nd authentication factor. This setting can be found under: cidaas Admin Dashboard -> Apps -> App Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Authentication -> enable the setting "Always ask for 2FA".
Steps to follow:
1. Navigate to cidaas Admin Dashboard and go to Apps >> App Settings
2. In the Apps List, search App by Client Name or Client Type, click on the Edit button
3. Select Advance Settings >> Authentication and enable the setting "Always ask for 2FA"
You are all set! MFA - a modern, secure and convenient approach to authenticate your users identity.